Barbara Olinger, MSW
Barbara Olinger has her master's degree in social work and has been working with children and families in both therapeutic and educational settings for over 30 years. She is currently Director of Family Development at the YWCA Santa Monica/Westside and has a private practice focusing on parenting education and teacher training. She is the author of the parenting book, Growing From the Roots: A Practical Guide to the Art of Parenting, now on DVD along with Welcoming Your Second Child. She has two sons, ages 23 and 20 years old.
Books Written By This Expert
- Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves by Naomi Aldort
- The Childhood Roots of Adult Happiness by Edward M. Hallowell
- Connection Parenting by Pam Leo
- Becoming the Parent You Want to Be: A Sourcebook of Strategies for the First Five Years by Laura Davis and Janis Keyser
- Unconditional Parenting: Moving from Rewards and Punishments to Love and Reason by Alfie Kohn