Native American Elder
Shannon CrossBear is a beautiful, powerful, spiritual Ojibwe and Irish woman. Shannon is an enrolled member of Fort William First Nation of the Lake Superior Ojibwe, which is located in Ontario, Canada. She has lived on the shores of Lake Superior for the majority of her life and currently resides within the boundaries of the United States in Hovland, Minnesota.
Wabagoness, her given name in Ojibwemoin, is a daughter, sister, mother and grandmother. Shannon has been a story teller for an audience of relatives and friends for many years. As a ...
Read more >>
Her purpose is to demonstrate and promote gentle healing. She expresses her commitment to healing through her business Strongheart Resource Development. Conditions within Ms. CrossBear’s family of origin and community cement her commitment to improving conditions for children, their families and communities.
Books Written By This Expert
- Mino Biimadazawin: Cook County News Herald: 1995-2009
- The Leadership Equation: Chapter Contributor 2010
- Claiming Children Revisited
- Native American Community Affiliated Mental Health Providers for Children with SED, 2007
- Free to Choose: Transforming Behavioral Health Care to Self- Direction, 2004
- Claiming Children, 2003
- NICWA Pathways, 2000, 2001, 2002